Help Clean the Church!
February 7th - January 1st, 2019
Interested in getting involved? Consider joining the Cleaning Team!
There are many ways to get involved at Life Chapel from helping with our little ones to being a part of our cleaning team. Help us keep God’s house clean by helping clean once a week or once a month! Connect with Olivia Smiley TODAY to join our cleaning team or for more information on other areas to get involved!
Here are some areas to get involved:
Weekly Tasks include:
Emptying the Trash Monday Mornings,
Clean the Kitchen,
Wipe down tables/water fountains,
Tidy the Sanctuary,
Clean the Windows,
Monthly Tasks include:
Mop all floors,
Lysol the Nursery Toys
Lawn Care 2018
May 3rd - September 30th, 2018
Join the Lawn Care Team!
Like to mow or weed eat? This is the ministry for you! Volunteer to Mow once this season or once a month! You can also volunteer to weed eat any weekend that is good for you through calling the office or emailing email@example.com!
Check out all the dates this summer season and sign up here!
August 1st - July 1st, 2019
Interested in getting involved at LIFE? Consider joining the Communion Ministry!
Here at LIFE we host Communion the first week of the month. We ask our Communion Servers to take on one month out of the year to come in at 9:30am and prepare communion. Following the service you would simply need to clean up the communion supplies. If you are interested in preparing communion, please contact Olivia Smiley or sign up here!
August 26th, 2018
RAT SUNDAY IS COMING 8/26:
Enjoy cooking? Interested in adopting a Rat? Join us August 26th as we welcome the newest Rat Mass this August!
Check out ways to get involved below:
1. Get involved with Breakfast
a. Donate supplies! Check out the list in the Fellowship Hall to see what breakfast ingredients (ie. Eggs, orange juice, etc.) you can donate towards breakfast.
b. Bring a dish! Sign up in the Fellowship Hall with what dish you plan to bring or for suggestions.
c. Come serve the morning of! Connect with Jen Bushnell in the Fellowship Hall and come join us the morning of!
2. Get involved with Van Driving/Table Hosting at VMI
a. Contact Olivia Smiley to sign up to help drive Rats to and from VMI or to help host a table at VMI to invite Rats to LIFE.
3. Donate time on your cell phone
a. Rat Sunday will be the first time Rats will be able to call home. Come join us at 9:15am to connect with the Rats as well as offer your cell phone for them to call home!
Adopt A Rat
September 9th - May 16th, 2019
Becoming a host family is easy. It doesn’t matter if you’re
empty-nesters, single, have kids or not. You only need to
provide lunch, a place to relax, and transportation back
to VMI on Sunday evening.
Interested in becoming a host family?
ADOPT A RAT SUNDAY IS SEPTEMBER 9TH!!
Can’t be a host family?
There are still other ways to get involved!
Life Chapel also hosts a “House for Rats” after service here at the church! At the “House for Rats” we provide a safe, relaxing environment for the rats to talk about the line, Skype for them to talk with their families, one meal, and numerous activities both indoor and outdoor for the rats to enjoy and de-stress.
To provide this for the Rats there are many needs as well!
Here are a few ways you can help!
1. Meals: Every Sunday we provide one meal for the Rats. Simply preparing and bringing meal for 6-8 rats a semester or even a month would be great!
Come join us and eat with the Rats too!
a. Interested in cooking, but can’t afford the amount needed to feed the Rats? Contact Olivia!
2. House for a Day! As stated above, we do many different activities throughout the semester. Every week may be a burden, but opening your home to the “House of Rats” for one day whether it be for a football game, a meal, outdoor fun, etc. would be a blessing.
3. Wal-Mart Runs: Sunday is an opportunity the Rats have to get supplies they need for the week. A simple run right after church with a few Rats to Wal-Mart and returning them to the church is all they need!
4. Snacks: Rats love to eat and snack. Any snack foods are appreciated by all!
5. A home for breaks: Some of our cadets live far away from VMI (from California to even Thailand!) and therefore cannot go home for breaks. Opening your home to them during these times (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) would make an impact on their lives.
6. Give: Whether it is giving financially or of your time to the “House of Rats,” the Rats will be blessed.
7. Pray for the Rats
Water Baptismal and Picnic!
September 16th, 2018
Join us for a great Baptismal Service at Jordan's Point followed by a time of celebration, fellowship, and fun with our picnic afterwards.
Sign up here if you are interested in getting baptized, what to bring a dish for the picnic, or simply want to RSVP to help us know how many to prepare for!